Friday, August 29, 2008

The Beauty of a DVR

ah technology. Technology is what allows me to buzz straight through the millions of political ads that flaunt themselves on our televisions, it allows me to pause so I can get up for a tasty drink. It allows me to rewind if I just wasn't paying attention to what Tim Gunn was saying on Project Runway.. and more importantly, it allows me to record every episode of Rock of Love, The Girls Next Door and whatever other lovely reality shows exist out there and watch them without prejudice when no one else is home except me!

That's why technology is awesome because even though I could technically live without my DVR, do I really want to? yeah not really.. especially now that I have it!

ps. another technology I wouldn't want to go without? Books on CD- so awesome!

3 comments:

Jane at Hilltop said...

I love DVR! Once the fall season starts I won't watch anything in its "real time". And political ads? forget it!

Anonymous said...

I can't live without my DVR. I don't know if it is the best thing to happen to my life or the worse thing (my extreme dependence). I can't believe I used to set set the VCR to record "my shows" on to a VHS tape! Oh the glory of DVR with your fancy fast-forwarding and pausing.

P.S. I linked your blog to mine. 'Cause, you know, we're cool like that.

Jared said...

Yes, DVRs are very nice. I loathe commercials. Which makes me wonder if advertisers are going to start making commercials that get their message across in 1x, 2x, and 3x the normal speed.